Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12

Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12
I sailed the last leg (8) in 2012 - USA,Nova Scotia,Ireland,Netherlands & UK. Travelling 4,000 miles, approx 22 days at sea, with 4 races in this leg.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Redddddy 1-13

Hey up everyone, it's me...last blog before I depart for Gothenburg in Sweden next week and I decided to have a quick, fun, 1-13 points on my thoughts/feelings/other re: my first ever World Transplant Games.


So...are you ready? Here we go ..Oh and if no particular order.........




1) Nervous - eek!


2) Super excited - woo!


3) Proud to be part of Team GB


4) Competing in 100m sprint, squash, badminton mixed+ladies doubles


5) Can't wait to meet other transplantees from across the world - especially those who have been speaking with for years (or recently) via the internet/social nerworking sites


6) Packing..Ahhhhhh....check lists/post-tick notes everywhere!!


7) Happy parents coming too to support me :)


8) Hope to win medal (s) or even GOLD!?


9) But, realise even if I don't - still humbled to have been selected & will do my extreme best when in Sweden. Also......I am already a WINNER - as alive


10) What sport means the most to me? My 100m sprint!! I did achieve Gold in the 100m sprint in the UK Transplant Games in 2010 after trying for 4 years to run faster than the kidney girls! A friend, Fran helped me with my training for couple years, then sadly got a new job and wasn't able to continue. My sprint training came to a standstill and I was gutted that I wouldn't be able to find a new sprint coach, and may have to drop the 100m. In the 11th hour and just 5months before these World Games...a sprint coach called, Brian MacKenzie has been fantastic in helping me with technique/training. It's not just about run and go...lol. Also, sprinting is really hard on my lungs and even that short burst makes me breathless for quite some time to regain 'normal' breathing again. Hence, why if I do well at the World Games standard I will be over the moon (also I guess in my other sports of course too). Even, if I get just a PB (personal best) and sprint faster than last year.


11) A BIG shout out to all of you who send me emails,messages on social sites,texts,calls etc and also from friends/family for constantly supporting me. LOVE u all for this very much. It means a lot to me and I appreciate it always!! xx


12) My donor made this possible for me - seriously if you aren't a donor yet...please...you know what I'm guna say...so just do it :)


13) Finally, just to also thank the many people who have nominated me to be an Olympic Torch carrier for the Olympic Games 2012. There are many wonderful and inspiring people from all walks of life and various ages. Whoever the lucky 100 people are - will be well deserved and do the UK very proud. I also know some other of my transplant friends have been nominated too, and I would love to think that at least one transplantee can carry the torch and raise awareness (if not me) and keep Organ Donation in people's minds.


Ok waffle over

Much love as always and whatever happens in Sweden........will be the BEST experience ever I'm sure!

Chow 4 now xx

1 comment:

  1. Go Girl...
    Will be thinking of you and cheering you on. Can't wait to catch up...
    Love Karen

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger